If you’ve read the Bible (as I have) join me for this thought experiment . . .
Think about . . .
– The tower of Babel
– Adam and Eve
– Instructions for slaves and masters
– Stoning as a punishment for so many things
– Lot and his daughters!
– Bashing babies heads against the rocks
– Killing of all the first born sons
– Women should keep silent in church
– A woman can not teach a man
– Blood sacrifice
– Painting doorways with blood
– Eating flesh and drinking blood
– All the bits of the Bible that make you cringe
If you are like I was, you have a reason for each and every one of those things and you’re probably offended that I am bringing them up out of context.
Now consider for one moment – just one moment – that the bible is an ancient text written by primitive men. Now look back up at that list.
See how suddenly all those things make sense and you don’t have to rationalize them?